Aim, purpose and themes of the conference
The Together against Stigma conference is held to give participants a deeper understanding of how to work towards reducing stigma.
With this conference, we aim to:
- Establish links between representatives of stigma programmes across different nations and professions
- Create an overview of research, campaigns and other initiatives currently combatting stigma
- Provide a deeper understanding of methods that can effectively challenge knowledge, attitude and behaviour that constituting barriers in minds and society
- People with lived experience of mental illness, their peers, relatives and carers
E.g. preventing self-stigma, promoting resilience, ambassadors/champions/peers as an essential part of anti-stigma campaigns.
- Professionals, staff and clinical practice
E.g. challenges and opportunities in regards to various professionals, such as staff in somatic health care, mental health care, police, prison staff, teachers, etc.
- Work and social inclusion
E.g. the role of job centres, employment agencies, managers and colleagues, considering the business perspective (eg. CSR).
- Youth and other special population groups
E.g. children i families with mental illness, the education system etc.
- Communication and the media
E.g. establishing a dialogue with the media, challenging stereotypes in films and on tv, population campaigns, training journalism students.